Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shooting in the fog is similar to shooting in the snow. They both require a bit of over-exposure in the camera. Otherwise the images all come out muddy and dark. We spent the day in San Francisco at Crissy Field. The fog gives the City even more character than it already has.

In an effort to improve my photography skills and success as a photographer, I've been reading as much as I can about the subject. There is so much helpful information on the internet, but I'm finding my local library to be a wonderful resource too. I'm learning that being a successful photographer is only partly being an awesome photographer, the other part is running the business.I just started a book called Fast Track Photographer by Dane Sanders. In it he talks about selling yourself as the photographer as opposed to just trying to sell good pictures. My first thought was the name of my business which is "Covington Street". This is the street I grew up on, the place where I have so many rich, wonderful childhood memories. Since memories are what I capture with my camera, that's what I named my business. But most photographers go by their own name, so enough of my anonymous web presence. I'm going by my own name now.

If you're interested in reading this helpful book, you can get the ebook for free by using the code "smuglove". This was a special deal through SmugMug, my image hosting company.
This photo is of the temporary memorial set up across from the Lafayette BART station. They display crosses and the total number of soldiers killed since this war began. The hillside started with white crosses scattered across it, but it's now getting crowded, too crowded.

1 comments:

Jesse 1:57 AM  

Great bridge reflection and composition!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP