Tuesday, December 01, 2009



I've been playing around with Photoshop brushes and actions. There is so much out there, actions and brushes...so exciting and fun. Best of all, they are free. There are actions and brushes for purchase, and I will probably buy some one of these days. I need to find out if the ones I must pay for are worth the money.
Photoshop actions are a preset serious of steps that are recorded. They create different effects, such as turning a color photo to black and white, bumping up the contrast, softening the photo or changing the color to some surreal, awesomeness that makes you look like you're working on the set of 300 (the movie). I've gotten some great tips and tricks and free actions from this blog: http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/
There are also some really cool actions at totallyradactions.com- I haven't bought any yet, but I signed up to get a few freebies which are great.
As for brushes, they are bitmaped images that you stamp onto your project in Photoshop, using the brushes pallet. There seem to be an endless variety of these available. I just type in "free Photoshop brushes" in my new favorite search engine,

Search & Win
and an endless list of options for free brushes is available to download. Fantastic!
I've been renting many books about Photoshop and photography at our local library and it has proved to be a valuable source of useful information. Who knew! The library! Fantastic! You just don't know what you don't know.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP